How to setup OggSync:
If you are not sure of the version or whether you have .Net Compact Framework 2.0 installed on your mobile, you should just download it in addition to the OggSync software from our site. You can download it OTA or using your PC.
Over the Air (OTA) Download:
- From your mobile browser, Click to download the CAB file for .Net CF 2.0 if needed, then run it on your mobile.
- From your mobile browser, Click to download the CAB file for OggSync then run it on your mobile and your ready to configure your mobile device.
Note: Some phones and devices will only download the CAB file, but will not kick off the install process. If OggSync doesn’t appear in your programs list, go to the File Manager in your phone, and select the CAB file that you downloaded to kick off the installation process, once the installation is complete, then you will see it in the programs list.
- From your PC, Click to Download the Windows file for .Net CF 2.0 if needed, run the Windows CF installer.
- From your PC, Click to Download the Windows file for OggSync then:
- Open the OggSync setup file and the install Wizard will guide you through the setup.
- Your pending application is installed, the next time your device is connected to the cradle, the installed application will be downloaded to the device automatically and your ready to configure your mobile device.
- Once installed, OggSync will add an icon to the Windows start menu on your mobile.
- Launch OggSync and get the red splash screen.
- The first time you run OggSync you will follow the wizard:
- First time welcome screen will ask you to either register or use the Freeware version.
- You will need to accept the EULA .
- You will be asked for your google login information.
- You need to choose a default calendar. This is the Google calendar where OggSync will put events from your device or Outlook by default. If you use Outlook at work, for example, you may wish to create a “work” calendar and set this as your default.
- You will then need to choose which calendar to sync (only Pro users will be able to select more than one).